can't get into BIOS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I'm trying to get into my bro's computer, through the BIOS, so I can overclock it. But when I press DEL, the screen just goes black. The computer works fine though. What is causing this?

It's a Gigabyte K8N5IPVM9-RH. Before I was able to get in the BIOS, but for some reason, when I press DEL, it just goes to a blank black screen.

I think something is wrong here. I took out the battery for 10-15 seconds, put it back in, plugged the computer in, turned it on.....and now it says:

CMOS checksum error - Defaults Loaded
Warning! Now system is in safe mode
Please re-setting CPU frequency in the CMOS setup

I pressed F1 to continue and it took me to a black screen. I tried the clearing the CMOS again, by taking out the battery, and I still get the same thing. I pressed DEL to get into the BIOS, and I still get the black screen.

there should be a little jumper close to the battery on the motherboard. there should be 3 pins and just move the jumper over to the other pin and move it back and that should reset the bios.

I looked on the motherboard and, the jumper close to the battery is only 2 pins. Theres no jumper included, but can I use the jumper from a hard drive? And how do I clear the CMOS that way, if it's not 3 pins. Unplug the computer, remove the battery, then just put the jumper on the pins, for 5 secs and remove? Thanks for the replies guys.

normally you put the jumpers on 2 of the pins for 5 seconds then remove. When the Cmos error appears can you get into the BIOS? normally if cmos errors happen you just need to go into the BIOS and choose save settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom