specs help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tepidboy

Beta member
hey i'm wanting to soup up my comp so i'll be able to play half life 2, fear and prey on at least their medium settings. at the mo i've got-

amd athlon xp 2400+, ~2.0GHz
512mb ram
geforce fx 5200

i've no idea what i need to upgrade so any help would be much appreciated! ive got around a £200 budget. cheers guys

thats a pretty low budget to look for what you want. and any agp video card you get probably won't cut it.

you'll probably have to look into a new cpu, mobo, video card, and possibly ram.

not sure what the prices are over there but newegg you could get a skt939 setup for around that much.

yep, i hate to say this but that system is not really worth upgrading. you could get a new videocard but then your proccessor would be the bottleneck. maybe save up so you can build a new computer.....

That processor is not slow, ive got a 2800+ and a 7300gt and can run games fine, cod2 on max everything at 1440x900. Just get a 7300gt or higher and add another 512mb ram, then save up and build a new system later.

hey guys, thanks a lot for your replies. ive spoke to my local parts shop and im getting an amd 3.2 processor, 1gb ram, a motherboard with pci express, and a geforce 6200 128 mb for £250 including labour. is this a good deal? and is that a good enough graphics card to play next gen games on decent settings? thanks again

tepidboy said:
hey i'm wanting to soup up my comp so i'll be able to play half life 2, fear and prey on at least their medium settings. at the mo i've got-

amd athlon xp 2400+, ~2.0GHz
512mb ram
geforce fx 5200

i've no idea what i need to upgrade so any help would be much appreciated! ive got around a £200 budget. cheers guys
Thats pretty much what my buddy has it sucks right:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom