first build help

Status
Not open for further replies.
obviously your are trying to save money on this potential rig. I can tell you that if you want this to do media and gaming. (I'm assuming you mean storing plenty of videos and photos and the sort) that configuration will not do it. For doing media and playing FEAR at high levels you will need something a little more substantial. Especially in the CPU and HD areas. You are going to want something at least 2 GHz and then probably overclock. And for the HD at least double what your planning if you are going to store lots of media. Believe me 250 gigs is not that much. There is a good article in Maximim PC this month about building a cheap PC you should check it out. They spend $1500 but they bo for a really expensive video card which you wouldn't need. If you want I could post the hardware they used if you want. let me know

They spend $1500 but they bo for a really expensive video card which you wouldn't need. If you want I could post the hardware they used if you want. let me know

do post please, I wanna know
I'd say he should get the new e4300 and OC that b****
more HD can always be added later

yes i actually just got that issue and read about it in there. Thanks for all the help. What about everything else is that all good

video card
BFG GeForce 8800 GTS
Motherboard
EVGA nForce 680i SLI
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (they overclock this to over 3 GHZ)
Memory
1 GB corsair twinx DDR2/800
Case
Antec nine hundred
Power Supply
Antec True power trio 650
operating system
Windows XP profssional
Hard Drive
250 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 9
optical Drive
Lite-on it Super AllWrite SHM-165HGS

Those are the parts they used and they built it for $1,501. As I said they GPU was expensive you don't need something like that if you looking to save money. They even got an optical drive and on operating system which you didn't include in your build. You could build close to thiers for around $1200 or $1300 but I wouldn't spend anyless then that unless you want a real cheapo

mackickball13 said:
yes i actually just got that issue and read about it in there. Thanks for all the help. What about everything else is that all good

u STILL did NOT address the RAM issue
(or maybe you did, but just didn't post)
u need DDR2 the one you picked out will not work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom