"320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.9" vs. "320GB WD Caviar SE16" - WHICH HD IS BETTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximus_prime

Beta member
Hi everyone,

I recently got my new replacement Dell Dimension 9200 PC system. I got a new one from Dell because my initial Dimension 9200 PC system was making lots of vibration / buzzing noises.

Now here's my situation:

My new replacement PC came with a "320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.9" (Model#ST3320633AS). Is this a good hard drive compared to the "320 GB Western Digital Caviar SE16" (Model#WD3200KS - 75PFB0) on my older pc system (the defective one)? Keep in mind, I haven't returned the defective one yet as I'm deciding if it's worth exchanging it with a different HD; unless I can swap my old HD from the defectives one and put it in the new PC system?

Also, I can't find this Seagate model# (model#ST3320633AS) on their official website. Is this normal? The physical sticker label says it's Barracuda 7200.9 model. However, on the following chinese website below, it references the "model#ST3320633AS" as a Barracuda 7200.10 (the one with perpendicular recording technology). If it's the one w/ the perpedicular technology then I presume it should be definitely better than the WD Caviar SE16 HD. What you guys think?

Here's the link which references the Segate model#ST3320633AS as a Barracuda 7200.10 ---> http://pdlib.pconline.com.cn/product...oductId=172273

Can someone help me decide if it's worth keeping the Seagate model vs. the WD model?

Thanks for the help everyone!

Personally, Seagates seem to be quieter than WD. I have three Seagates and a WD and the three are drowned out by the WD, as far as i can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom