Speakers $100 - $500 Recomendations plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of soundcard, and how many channels do you wish to run. I just got some bose 2.1 and used it for the front, and some lower bose for the two rear, for 4.1 channels. Gonna buy another for a center for 5.1. My soundcard does 7.1, but I'm content with 5.1 for gaming, plus the bose sound really tight and accurate. If you dont have a 7.1 or 5.1 I'd recommend the bose 3 series. Has a nice heat sensitive controller plus a input for another sound device like a mp3 player. Also has a earphone output on the controller.

Pricy, yet great sound and build.
http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=companion3_computer_index

p_companion3_m.jpg

Mutwa said:
What kind of soundcard, and how many channels do you wish to run. I just got some bose 2.1 and used it for the front, and some lower bose for the two rear, for 4.1 channels. Gonna buy another for a center for 5.1. My soundcard does 7.1, but I'm content with 5.1 for gaming, plus the bose sound really tight and accurate. If you dont have a 7.1 or 5.1 I'd recommend the bose 3 series. Has a nice heat sensitive controller plus a input for another sound device like a mp3 player. Also has a earphone output on the controller.

Pricy, yet great sound and build.
http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=companion3_computer_index

p_companion3_m.jpg
I looked at those i almost bought them at best buy but the guy helped me and said that the klipsch are actually better than the bose. Keep this in mind the bose were more exspensive than the klipsch so he wasnt bsing if he was he was a good bser hehe.

i beg to differ. if you know anything about speakers bose are bottom quality for top price. klipsch are pretty good. and so are the logitech's are also pretty good.

hrmm... i wouldnt get anything lower than the z5300-e's, those are okay speakers for 100 some odd dollars... but again, you get what you pay for...

i myself have z5500's matched up with an x-fi... and its amazing... for a 16x16 room... you wouldnt believe the sound quality i get... its like i'm in a movie theatre

j369852147412 said:
i beg to differ. if you know anything about speakers bose are bottom quality for top price. klipsch are pretty good. and so are the logitech's are also pretty good.

Bose might be top price, however they're not bottom quality by far.. I've bought lots of stereo systems and speakers, as well as car audio. and I can say that bose are very good, but expensive. To say they are bottom quality is just plain ignorant.. If they well selling junk for top price, they'd be out of business by now.

Mutwa said:
Bose might be top price, however they're not bottom quality by far.. I've bought lots of stereo systems and speakers, as well as car audio. and I can say that bose are very good, but expensive. To say they are bottom quality is just plain ignorant.. If they well selling junk for top price, they'd be out of business by now.
Ya bose is alrite they are all pretty **** good i love my klipsch's i just need a sound card to make them really jam.

I wouldn't advise getting Bose for computer speakers. Bose systems have always been a compromise for home use like it or not. Such as:

Their speakers are small. I have never seen big Bose speakers
They make 2.1 systems that mimic 5.1 systems
Their subwoofer is not a true subwoofer. It can consist of many small speakers or just one small speaker placed in a clever enclosure, which helps with the sound.

So, while Bose is known for doing a good job for mimicing bigger systems, it's still just a compromise, and won't ever sound as good as a real 5.1 Just keep that in mind.

You want a REAL computer subwoofer? Logitech z-5500. Just go on youtube.com and check the vids. It'll work like crazy and distort the camera mic badly lol.

RalliArt882 said:
I wouldn't advise getting Bose for computer speakers. Bose systems have always been a compromise for home use like it or not. Such as:

Their speakers are small. I have never seen big Bose speakers
They make 2.1 systems that mimic 5.1 systems
Their subwoofer is not a true subwoofer. It can consist of many small speakers or just one small speaker placed in a clever enclosure, which helps with the sound.

So, while Bose is known for doing a good job for mimicing bigger systems, it's still just a compromise, and won't ever sound as good as a real 5.1 Just keep that in mind.

You want a REAL computer subwoofer? Logitech z-5500. Just go on youtube.com and check the vids. It'll mork like crazy and distort the camera mic badly lol.

They do sell high end full size speakers if you look, and I actually have a pair of bose satellite speakers (home theater) which are awsome.

For the record, most computer speakers are gonna be small. The logitech system isn't bad, but thats no where near what a home theater system could sound like. If you want a superior sound system then you will have to get a reciever, and a set of full size speakers. No small bundled 5.1 system is gonna mimic a quality home theater system. No.. not even bose :) Wonder why so many hate bose.. Has anyone ever heard their high end home theater speakers? Go to bestbuy or a similar store and blast it. You will understand why the price is where its at. In all fairness most can't tell the difference between good quality speakers which never distort, and speakers which can handle moderate volumes but don't reproduce accurate frequencies.

I read the reviews on newegg about that $400 logitech system, and half of them say the sub burns out after a year. That steered me away from that system. Could just be people over doing it, but I just don't trust speakers made by logitech.

Yeah I see what you mean. I was pointing towards those 2 or 3 speaker systems Bose makes where you put one behind you, and it mimics both of the rear satellites. When you see Bose's marketing in magazines, they always tend to brag about their innovation on small, fewer-speaker setups that mimic better ones. I would just advice steering away from those because I'm not a big fan of compromise.

When it comes to strictly speakers made for PCs, the z-5500s are anything but a compromise. But whatever you get, get something that is real if you see what I mean. I do have Bose speakers in my car. I like Bose. But whatever you get, get something that's true 5.1, and I'm sure Bose has some nice 5.1s out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom