Building a Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep all those are good. The PSU is more power than you need, but it leaves room for upgradeability.

Sorry, but I have another question. Will my motherboard allow me to connect all three of the fans on my case? I think it only allows me to do 2 but could somebody check for me please?
Here is the page where you can download the manual.
What is the system fan? There are two auxiliary fans and one system fan.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813188010
How does this one look. It is about the same price with the rebate and free shipping, plus I don't have to buy a floppy drive to install like I would have for the other one.

Keep in mind that I am not a big gamer. I do play Counter Strike: Source when I am bored but I am not big into it. I do want a good computer with good hardware though. Is it okay that the board only supports hyperthreading? Please make sure that all of my hardware is compatible with it as I will also. Thank you.

My CPU says that it supports Virtualization Technology and not Hyper Threading. What does that mean and will I have a problem with my motherboard since it only says it supports hyperthreading even though it says it supports the core 2 duo. Also, will it run all three of my fans?

Not sure about the fans.

The Virtualization is for emulating an Operating System within an Operating System. Most people dont do this normally or ever in their lives (you dont need to worry about it it wont cause problems). As for the Hyper Threading, it is an old Pentium 4 technology that has been long out dated, plus the Core 2 Duo's wouldnt even have a use for it (no problem there either) .

1.)Will I need to get another cable for my optical drive? The mobo comes with 6 SATA connectors but the optical drive says that it has an SATA power connector and an SATA connector. http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16827106040

2.)This is what it says in the manual and I don't know if I don't understand it or what.
CPUFan1
NBFan1 - Chipset fan power connector - What is this?
SYSFAN1 - system fan power connector - What is this?
AUXFAN1~3, OTESFAN~2 - Auxilary fan power connector - Does this mean that there is 3 auxiliary fans so am I set? What is an OTESFAN?

That video card says that is has GDDR3 memory where my motherboard supports DDR2 memory. Does that mean that it will not work?

Also, can somebody explain what an auxiliary fan is please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom