PS requirements for vid card

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Zip1

In Runtime
Yeah. so i just got a new ghetto video card. lol. gforce fx 5200 128mb. plain edition. i was looken at the system requirements and its like. bla bla bla. then its "A minimum 300 Wat power supply"/ so yeah in the computer i only has a 220 wat power supply.. i have a ATI radeon 7500 64mb. in it rite now with no problems. i was jus gonna switch them out. so do u think this power supply issue will be a problem or what?. and if do install it. whats the worst that could happen?.... and ohh yeah im pretty sure of this but just 2 check. the Gforce fx 5200 128mb. is better then the ati radeon 7500 rite?.

Im not a big video card buff but I would assume that a card with twice the amount of video memory would be better (i may be wrong though) I would say that you prob. would want to get a bigger psu if you plan on using that. It could cause a no post/no video issue if you put it in becuase not enough power would go to the other components i.e. motherboard harddrives stuff like that. Also if it does let you in with it you could have random shutdown problems. About damaging the hardware im not sure but i guess it would be possibly but if i were a betting man i would say most likely not.

who on earth would have a 220 watt power supply and expect a new video card to work on it. Jsut get a bigger power supply, they cost like 20 dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom