Need help, problem AFTER getting a new case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
Right i just finished putting my pc into a new case, it was the first time i done this and i done it all on my own :D

Now apart from a few head scratchers about why things wouldnt work at first i got there in the end and everything works(Antec nine hundred), all the fans work, usb, HDD light on the front panel, boots up into windows and all seems fine, but upon boot up just before the windows screen i get a message saying "system fan failure, please service pc to avoid further damage, or press F2 to proceed" or words to that effect, so i hit F2 and it boots into windows fine, my temps are as i expected(8-10 oc lower than my old case) so nothing wrong there and all the fans are working as i said.

The only difference i can think of between how my system is setup now to how it was before is that i had 1 case fan in my old case and 1 cpu fan that was connected direct to the motherboard, and now i only have one fan connected(cpu fan) and the other that ISNT connected anymore, so do you think thats why im getting this error because the pc is detecting that the case fan isnt there?

I cant think of any other reason for getting that error message? as i said all 4 of my case fans including the old cpu fan is working prefectly.

If my problem is the disconnected case fan from the mobo is there anyway i can stop the pc from giving me this error message?

Sorry for the essay i just want to make it clear so i dont get people asking questions, then hopefully i can get an answer quicker ;)

did you make sure you had the heatsink fan plugged into the right part of your mobo?

i really dont know why you would have this problem, so thats just a geuss

fade im pretty sure i plugged the heatsink fan into the right place but ill check later today, but if it was in the wrong place the fan wouldnt be working now would it?

Jumping bean, the pc was pre built by Compaq

jonny_uk said:
the pc was pre built by Compaq

then it's a pretty good guess that the bios detects that you no longer have a fan hooked up, and since the bios is more than likely locked, you won't be able to do anythign about it... check out the bios and see if you can disable the fan warnings

Thanks guys but as above Nukem was right, and i couldnt see anything to do with fans in the bios so i had a 8cm blue LED fan in my cuboard so i just attached that to the side window(free space there) and plugged it into the mobo and the message has gone now :D

Thanks agian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom