What ATI Card should I recommend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Got a customer that is sorts of setting up a Net Cafe. He's on a bit of a tight budget, so he's picking up some refurished 1 Ghz to 1.4 Ghz PCs from me. Some of these machines are his existing ones.

However, he would like to get the most of these computers.
So I am thinking that he might want to go for an ATI Chipset for the video cards.

What ATI Chipset will be able to run the current games (UT2k4, Doom III, WCIII, C&C Generals, CS) on a lower end PC.

-GeForce 4 TI 4200 ($80), the best Direct X 8.1 (Pixel Shader 1.1) card for it's time and the best performing card you can get below $100, was owning ATI since the release of the 8500 and it's reign ended from the release of the 9700 Pro ($170 "RARE"). A hell lot better than the 9200, 9600se and the FX 5500. And i believe it's right on the recommendation for Doom 3 (minimum is GeForce 3 TI 500). Keep in mind it lacks DX 9 support (no Pixel Shader 2.0).

-9600 Pro ($120 lowest i ever seen online), a really good card for the price/performance (besides the 9800 Pro) with DX 9 support. I wouldn't recommend a 9600xt ($170), since it's only a few dollars away from a 9800 Pro ($180).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom