Folding @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another.... anyway... So I turned on the PC a few days ago, and FORGOT about it.... well, I have the AIW card in it, and it has been up and fine since... I have NO IDEA what the deal is with this... it is happily folding away.

I am discontinuing running Folding @ Home because it would take way too long to finish a work unit. It took me several days to get 7K out of a 20K work unit, when i was averaging roughly 15/second. At that rate i should have been done within 23 hours and i had my computer on for well more than 23 hours in the past week. It said i still had another 48 hours.

A 20K??? No wonder you weren't making a lot of headway. 20K would take a heckuva long time to process, but it is worth a heckuva lot of points. I usually process smaller units (250, 350, or so), which take around 24 hours depending on how I'm using my computer.

I'm definetly on the banwagon here. Going to d'load and install this soon as i get home from work. Post this in more places on the forum if possible to attract attention, its a great cause and it would be cool to see more people do it.

Am i able to set how big of a WU i get? If so, i may change my mind.

Right-click the Folding icon in your system tray. Choose Configure... Click the Connection tab. Uncheck the bottom box, the one that says something about results greater than 5MB.

That should do it.

Those stat boxes dont work though...thats why I stopped folding.

I followed the directions and they don't work. Plus my ISP has the worst upload...400Kb/s I believe it is.

Those stat boxes dont work though...thats why I stopped folding.

I followed the directions and they don't work. Plus my ISP has the worst upload...400Kb/s I believe it is.

that is a pretty weak excuse..........

are you saying that you stopped folding because people didn't know you had completed one whole unit? i've done a lot more than that and i don't use the sig, plus i have dialup. so by the looks of it perhaps your stat box wasn't working at the time as you hadn't completed that one unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom