Status
Not open for further replies.

King X13

Daemon Poster
e6600 @ 2.44ghz
temp 30c

7900GS @ 525MHz
Temp 49c

in FEAR on max settings for everything i got a max of 210 fps and a low somewhere around 100.

e6600 @ 3.24ghz
temp 33, load 35 max

7900GS @ Core clock at 600
temp 55-59 max

100 frames high
78 frames low

i just find this odd, and was wondering if anyone knew why. it doesn't make any logical sense to me.

also what is the best ratio to have FSB:memory? 1:1, 2:3, 3:4?

1:1 right? because then there wouldnt be a bottle neck correct?

I would stress the video card for 1 hour atleast to make sure its stable and 12 hours for the cpu if you didnt do it already. Usually unstable overclocks result in lower fps and lower 3dmark scores.

Nice, 666 posts.

You're most likely running unstable and that's what is causing the lower FPS.

There won't be a bottleneck with a FSB:RAM divider, so long as it's running close to stock speeds.

If you're running DDR2 800, I would set the Divider @ 1:1 with the FSB @ 400 and the multiplier @ 8x.

Try mixing around the stock vs OC to see if the problem lays within the Video card or CPU/Mem.

which PSU do you have?

i think its my vid card cuz even before i oced it i noticed even during my post i would get weird green artifacts that would flash, and now i notice it more even when i turned the clock back down. and even back at stock there is no difference in my fps so it has to be the gpu

ok cool thanks guys ill give that a shot when i get home from work and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom