usb & ps/2 wont work on new MBoard pls help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

truewraith1

Solid State Member
hi all

Thing i just bought my bro a new motherboard and chip with memory too.

We set up the comp and found the ps/2 keyboard or mouse would not work at all so did a format using the usb slots on the case itself to see if that would sort it but windows works fine instaled drivers for MB and nothing still wont work and the 4 usb slots on MB wont work either.

We took board back to shop incase was faulty and now we have same problem and i dont know what to do at all cos i have never seen this problem :(

Please can someone help me out on this.?

All details are here

250gig samsung HD
Semprom 3200
DDR2 512, 533 single channel 64 bit
Winfast K8M890M2MA-RS2H
ATX 400W .... connection is small than socket on board but shop said should be fine!

Many thanks guys keep up the good work

Nick

try using an adapter :

if that doesnt work then read the manual that came with the MB and check if its enabled in the BIOS

BTW about ur PSU it sounds weak, normally newer MB require 15a or more to run the system properly, check on the label of ur Power supply if u hav more than 15a underneath the the +12v area.

yea, your PSU sounds like it doesnt have the correct 24pin ATX plug, you may have to buy a new PSU. If you want cheap and reliable look into the Thermaltake 430W model. I'm using one now and it holds stable voltages and hasnt caused a problem for nearly the 2 weeks that i've had it so far

many thanks guys gonna change my 20 pin psu and get a 24 pin 450w if i can too so hope tackle this problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom