Windows XP Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy4Life

Solid State Member
Hey Everyone

I have another computer running with Windows XP Home and
Windows Vista.

When I log into XP, everything is fine after 30 mins or less or more, then it freezes.
Have to use Power Off button. CTRL+ALT+DEL/Restart Button doesn't function.

A few days ago, everything was running smooth, just installed Windows Vista on my second hd, multi-booted it and both worked perfect. I then pulled out my graphics card (radeon 256mb) and my 2gb of RAM to test it out in another computer. Then placed it back in.

Since I am just playing around with Vista (final release), I installed Battlefield 2142. Vista warned me this game was optimised for XP NOT Vista. Of course, I continued.
It froze halfway through and had to restart. Then re-installed it and was all fine. Played the game and all was fine.
When I went to uninstall the game, same thing happened, froze halfway through. Restarted, and could not uninstall the rest of it.

Since the pulling out of hardware and that install/uninstall, Vista has been freezing. I formatted the drive, (second hd) and re-installed vista (had to use RAID drivers for it to work). Vista is now running much better then it was initially and is great.

So now this moment, I'm just stuck with XP Freezing. Here is what my OS run on:

Windows XP runs on SATA.
Windows Vista runs on IDE.

the SATA drive was my main first drive. Though it never picked it up in the BIOS as SATA. I only saw my IDE hd.

What should be Master and what should be secondary?

Do you know why its freezing?

this will sound stupid but, just double check all your cable connection properylto start with onthe SATA drive.

have you had the SATA drive work before and run XP withotu any probs before?

i have heard and red of lots of problems with dual booting with vista and XP. so my 1st suggestion is unplug the IDE drive and try. 2nd would be to check the bios you say u needed RAID drivers why? if your booting using raid your bios might be set to boot from the IDE drive not the sata.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom