New or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyNaStY336

In Runtime
I plan on getting a new Mobo That supports PC3200 Ram and getting 2-4 gigs of it and at the same purchasing a new processor probably 3.2 ghz HT P4. My questions is if i purchase the new processor will i notice i big difference between 2 gig of PC3200 ram with the 3.2 ghz Processor in gaming over my 1 gig of PC2700 with that processor?

DyNaStY336 said:
I plan on getting a new Mobo That supports PC3200 Ram and getting 2-4 gigs of it and at the same purchasing a new processor probably 3.2 ghz HT P4. My questions is if i purchase the new processor will i notice i big difference between 2 gig of PC3200 ram with the 3.2 ghz Processor in gaming over my 1 gig of PC2700 with that processor?

No, I don't think you will see much of a difference between them....

I'd just go with 1gig of DDR400 and the new CPU for now and if you are gonna due heavy duty video editing and stuff then get the otehr gig of ddr400;)

Merlin i was really hoping you would be the one to reply because you really seem to know what you are talking about. The problem is that my current mother board only supports PC2700 which i have a gig of, i was essensially going to get the new board for the fast that it will support PC3200 Ram. Do you still think i shouldn't worry about it to much and get the new processor?

DyNaStY336 said:
Merlin i was really hoping you would be the one to reply because you really seem to know what you are talking about. The problem is that my current mother board only supports PC2700 which i have a gig of, i was essensially going to get the new board for the fast that it will support PC3200 Ram. Do you still think i shouldn't worry about it to much and get the new processor?

Well, it will defiantly be faster for sure....especially if your current Mobo only supports DDR333...... Even more performance if the new mobo is i875p chipset:confused:

It would be worth the upgrade for the mobo, aslong as its in your budget ;)

Good luck

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom