Question about my New Set Up !! HELP NEEDED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AI

Beta member
First off, would a ViewSonic VX922 19" LCD with a 2ms response time be good with a GeForce 7950GT 512 MB graphics card....

Along with an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4gh E6600 processor with 2gb system mem on 800mhz.....??

Here is my full setup for 2000 (Including Shipping and The Monitor Mentioned) bucks tell me if its good please...

66B - MicroFlex 66B
Mid Tower Black ATX Case with 500W Silent Fan Power Supply
17 Inch flat panel LCD monitor
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
2048MB DDRII Memory 667MHZ
250GB Serial ATA 7200 RPM
No Second Hard Drive
1.44 Floppy and All in 1 Card reader with sockets for CF/MD/SM/SD/MMC/MS/XD
18X Dual Layer (8.5GB)Multi Format DVD Burner and 52X24X52 CDRW (2 Drives)
NO Modem
On Board 10/100/1000 Network Card
Microsoft Internet Keyboard and Optical Mouse
Intel® High Definition Audio subsystem
Nvidia GeForce 7950GT 512MB
MLI 991
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic

Agreed with turtile. That power supply is becoming a popular recommendation, ever since TriEclipse's power supply guide.

I have the VX 922 monitor. . . really like it. I'm sure it will go well with the video card.

DeeJay

I did upgrade to a 500watt Power Supply with a cooling fan...that should be sufficient should it not?

I think that many people believe that the power supplies that come with a case are 2nd rate. Often they are cheap and not well made, although some (by companies like Antec) are probably decent. I think that most custom builders would prefer a brand name PSU (Antec, Fortron, Enermax) to go with the system. 500 Watts should be more than adequate for your system. You could try the built in power supply and see how it works for you. If you are having major problems with instability or not booting up properly, then consider a brand name PSU.

Regards,

DeeJay

Most people think that way for one key reason, if you use a crappy PSU and it fails, it could take most of your system down with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom