P4 631 OC'd to 8Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that is an insane OC but what does it mean to real world computing? How many of your friends run liquid nitrogen to cool their systems haha. It seems the P4 has always been Intel's OCer of choice. My take on that is that it's cool to see the max of something like that but it doesn't mean much to me really. Also I wouldn't mind letting Team Italy do a little work on my machine haha, It seems these teams know how to squeeze every inch of performance possible out of every part.

M733mhz said:
Yeah that is an insane OC but what does it mean to real world computing? How many of your friends run liquid nitrogen to cool their systems haha. It seems the P4 has always been Intel's OCer of choice. My take on that is that it's cool to see the max of something like that but it doesn't mean much to me really. Also I wouldn't mind letting Team Italy do a little work on my machine haha, It seems these teams know how to squeeze every inch of performance possible out of every part.

i wish i had liquid nitrogen in my rig....!!!:cool:

I've seen multipliers at like 22x though. But that's one **** of an OC. If it's stable I wonder how well it could compete against the newer Intel processors.

I've got this Dell with that same processor, it's a shame Dell put a lock on the FSB in their BIOS.

i want to see some benchmarks first. if i oc my c2d will it be faster than that p4?

j369852147412 said:
i want to see some benchmarks first. if i oc my c2d will it be faster than that p4?

Isn't a c2d up to almost 2.5 times faster than a P4 per ghz in certain programs???
That would mean that 1 core of a c2d at 3.2ghz would be around that P4 in performance depending on what program you were running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom