VGA bios issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
I currently own a XFX 7950 GT 512MB Extreme Edition. I wanted to flash a 7900 GTX bios to the card so it always runs at 650/800 which it does no problem. I went online and found a XFX 7900 GTX REV1 bios and tried to flash it and all was well till I rebooted. After the reboot I had no picture. I dont have a vga cable for my monitor and am not enterily sure if this old pci card I have even works. I tried the "blind" flash that you can find online but I am not even sure of the drive the cd-rom is (no floppy drive) and if I am even in the dos command prompt. I can go borrow my friends small lcd tommorow and a pci card and see what happens but I would rather try to fix it tonight or not have to go to his house. Also where can I get the bios for my exact card. Once again its a XFX 7950 GT Extreme Edition rated a 570/1460 and uses a fanless heatsink (upgraded to a vf-900).

Send it in for RMA

What need to happen is that your VGA BIOS need to be reflashed and I don't see that happening on a home computer set up.

Pepsiboy700 said:
XFX? I doubt they would accept it. I just need that bios, maybe the ones I got now for my card and company work but I cant tell without a monitor.
But how are you going to flash a bios when you can not see what you are doing?

Besides, was it their (XFX) BIOS? or a Third Party BIOS?
If it's their VGA BIOS, then you should not have a problem RMAing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom