AM2 Cooler... where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know about the science and stuff about it. But I'll have to test t to see if it really works.

There is more factors working here than we can think.

There's no point wasting your time "testing it", because you're wrong.

Wait till the thermal conductive guy (forget his name) says something.

you maybe need to get more intake fans to pull cool air into your case.
a 9500 is the best solution for am2 unless you go high end watercooling.
and you need to have a good exhaust fan.
preferably one that moves about he same amount of air or a little more than the intake fans.
for example:
i have a 120mm intake in the front of my case that pulls air in and blows it across hd, it also helps the main compartment have more air flow.
i have a 92mm intake on the side door that blows directly in on my cpu and ram.
i have a good 120mm that will move about 80cfm exhausting out the back.
my psu exhausts its hot air directly out the back, as usual.
and i have a zalman 9500 on my cpu that blows directly at the rear exhaust fan, effectively evacuating it from my case.
everyone is right, if you don't get the cooler air in and the hot air out...even with a good hsf, you're cpu temp may go down, but the ambient temp of you case and other components will be that much higher.
i have no heat issues at all with my set up, and it is usually about 70+ degreeF in my house.

I have really good fans thats not the problem.

Intake:
120 in front
92mm on side

Exhaust:
120mm
80 in psu
and a PCI one 2

okay i dont gather the problem then...
you started by asking for a cooler for am2. cnps9500. it's big, yes. it also works. well.
but now we're talking about cooling WHAT?
are you trying to cool your cpu? if so, the only way to cool it is to get a good hsf, or like ethereal says underclock undervolt. or are you trying to cool your case? if so, see below.
are you trying to cool the air coming out of your case into the room?
if so, cool your room. the air going into your case is cooler, hence it comes out cooler.
are you trying to cool your room? if so, crank the a.c. or turn off some of the other heat generating appliances in your room. uh, like the other two computers. or open the window if it's snowing. you probably wont notice the heat then.
this is possibly the most confusing thread i've seen on the forum.

EDIT: i see b0dge has made the same case:
What I'm basically saying is this: no matter what heatsink you put on that processor, it witt not affect your room temp because the heat energy is still being trapped in the room. To lower room temps with your PC running you have to either crank the AC up, get a more powerful AC unit, or open a window.

he's right. please clarify what it is you are asking.

but I just wanted to know if there is any other ones

just to see, it doesnt have to be the best one just if there is some

I did but i wasn't sure that they fit. It seems sketchy how they say that they fit.

I just don't like having a but cooler. Makes it hard to get around my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom