computer wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergiofar

Baseband Member
I just tried turning on my computer and it won't start. I turned the power supply on (button on back of computer) and the fans and the led lights on the mobo start to flicker, as if they wanted to start but they do not have enough power. I didn't even press the power button on the front panel on it and after I did nothing, does anyone have any advise on how to troubleshoot the problem????:( :( :( :(

OR maybe your PSU not enough power.
U can try switch on the switch for 1 hours then only u start your pc if u dont want 2 buy a new PSU.

well I switched out the powe supply and still get the same response, fans intermitently spin as well as led lights on mobo flash, any ideas would be helpful??:( :(

Maybe a short in the motherboard? Unless you have two bad power supply units I would think swapping would have fixed the problem. Since the voltages from the PS are all connected in parallel could a short somewhere on the motherboard result in a load change. that would cause the intermittent power condition you are discribing. I took apart a few power supplies and they are fairly simple circuits. However I know nothing about motherboards.

Thx for the info, swapped out the mobo and that was the problem this place rocks, don't know what I would do without it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom