Vader Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessehclark

Baseband Member
ok, so, not really a casemod, but it goes with the theme of my case.

256mb readyboost compatible Lexan Jumpdrive: already owned.
Darth Vader action figure: Walmart, $5
Soldering Iron, razor blade, small screwdriver.
Time. Stupidity. Genius.

Darth Vader Flash Drive.

The head is the cap. Cape, lightsaber, and utility belt all there. It works.

+2.

VaderUSB.JPG

rb.jpg

Hahahahaha, That thing looks hilarious sticking out of your case like that. Good job.

heyyyyyy now

alright, thanks a lot everyone!

LoL i know it looks ridiculous... even more so are people faces when whip a Vader action figure out of my laptop bag... <shoots onlooker a raised eyebrow> especially when i rip his head off and shove it into my computer... lol

ridiculous, yes, but what else do you do with an old flash drive? lol... i was going to paint the lexar, but goof-off or whatever its called melted the plastic... shoulda used "oops". it looked like a$$, so i tore it apart and... the rest is history.

btw, as my sig reflects, i got a 4gb cruzer mini for $65 online the other day, and its currently setup as readyboost. niiiice. there IS an ADATA 200x "pd7" i believe that works for vista, if anyone wants to know, and its about $60 if you look around. You can't get it much cheaper.

the absolute CHEPEST i found was a $36 pqi 'traveling disk' 4gb. its slow as **** though. i called pqi and the rep said the random write is around .3MB/sec. poo.

oh, and the PNY Attache 4gb does NOT work for readyboost. the read speed (apparently the more important half) was ok i think, but the write was very slow. too bad, it had a nice gloss black housing with red led. *tsk*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom