Looking for a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
im actually in the market to buy a laptop and was wondering what some reliable brands are. i would like a rather thin notebook so i dont have a big bulky thing to carry around yet still decent preformance. i also will not buy a mac so thats out of the question. thanx for any suggestions.

What are you going to be using it for? What's your price range?
HP/Compaq, Toshiba, and Sony are good brands. ABS is good if you want a more gaming-oriented lappy (a bit more $ though).
If you're going to be playing games getting a good dedicated video card in your notebook is going to be the biggest thing.

oh sorry that would help huh, hahaha, most likley $1300 - $1500. not gonna be using it to much for gaming just running vista and internet browsing mabey media center and dvd's but thats about it.

Anything but toshiba, their laptops are utter crap. I'd say dell if youre looking for a bargain, sony if you got alot of $$ and you want it to look pretty. if it were me i'd get a macbook.

ive upped my budget to 1900-2000 i was gonna go with dell but was i like the way some of the sony's look other than the fact i hear bad things about sony.

bobojuice said:
Anything but toshiba, their laptops are utter crap. I'd say dell if youre looking for a bargain, sony if you got alot of $$ and you want it to look pretty. if it were me i'd get a macbook.

I agree 50/50 on that. Toshiba's look very nice, but they don't really perform well and are bloated with accessories you dont need.

HP laptops are nice, much better than their desktops actually. And they're usually big enough so it's like a real keyboard when you're typing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom