Zalman VF900 on an 8800GTX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plant

In Runtime
Anyone tried this, it looks like it could fit. I personally think the stock coolers are really sucky, mines gonna come off soon!

The VF900 is not compatible with the 8800 series. Only up to the 7900 series.

im gonna give it a crack tomorrow! I got so much air coming into the case, if i get rid of the plastic crap on the 8800 i bet itt'l run a whole lot cooler. Check back for results

Dont mess that card up nvidia's design was for proper cooling so you ridding the "plastic crap" maybe the stupidest i idea i have ever heard.

Agreed and a half. Do you really wanna go tearing crap off a card you paid THAT much money for? If you really want it cooler, route another fan to blow on it or something but don't go hacking into it.

i don't know if it's the greatest idea to do this, however it should be possible to mount it. it just depends on how inventive you are as i can say with about 95% certainty none of the brackets will be compatible. that means either you have to go really ghetto and zip tie it down or something along those lines or make your own mounting bracket.

M733mhz said:
Agreed and a half. Do you really wanna go tearing crap off a card you paid THAT much money for? If you really want it cooler, route another fan to blow on it or something but don't go hacking into it.
tell that to the guys who voltmod their 7900/7950 cards

though i havent seen a 8800 up close, if the hsf is like the others in the nvidia line, u really need the plastic on top, it keeps the air moving quickly across the top of the card instead of lifting away from it... it has to do with cavity space and Reynolds number, i dont reallly feel like explaining it, JUST DONT DO IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom