parents computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmdFanboy

Banned
Its a socket A 750Mhz after a while the computer kept freezing and rebooting. I went in bios and it said the cpu temp is at 60.5ºC which is 140.9ºF.

I am guessing that cpu temp is bad? My parents don't know anything about overclocking and i checked and no overclocking has been done.

Just replaced the thermal paste but i think i used to much so i wiped some off the hs fan and the temp is going up but alot slower. It starts out at a higher temp then it did though. I think a new fan would fix it.

It's hovering at 53.5ºC 128ºF with the hs and fan that came with it now. Thats a little better than it was.

my computers are in the same room which is always about 100ºF/37.7ºC . My computers do fine.

Holy Crap, I don't care what your computer does. In a 100 Degree room, wow, thats amazing. Lower that Room temp.

Im also willing to bet your computer has a better heatsink and cooling system compared to the other computer.

If the problem presists after lowering the room temparture then overheating is not the problem.

People seem to forget socket A's are one of the hottest running cpu's at idle ever made. 60c idle is perfectly normal. You may have other hardware issues like psu/ram/mobo problems but more than likely its a windows problem.

no after i reseated the cpu and replaced the thermal paste now its fine. no more freezing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom