my 256mb 6600 LE died! cant bring it back to life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
what happened was i overclocked the memory clock from 800MHz to 1000MHz n core from 300MHz to 450MHz n in this result, my computer doesnt read the graphics card anymore!

keeps on making a beebing sound, n i have another graphics card but sucks, an ATI Radeon 9200 128mb LE, which i am using.

u guys think i should keep shuting off n on my computer tell it can read my 6600? Or should i just give up n wait tell i get the money to buy the ATI R600 which ive been planning on getting?

EDIT:
power still goes through the GPU, hear the fan going, but mobo still doesnt read it, acts like nothing is inserted in the PCI-E slot.

This may seem obvious but it sounds to me like you overheated the GPU on the card. If that's the case your MB will never read the card again because the brains are fried. Those are the dangers of over-clocking, but I'm sure you know that since you new enough to do it.

binarybug said:
This may seem obvious but it sounds to me like you overheated the GPU on the card. If that's the case your MB will never read the card again because the brains are fried. Those are the dangers of over-clocking, but I'm sure you know that since you new enough to do it.

ya, but i was 'experimenting' one how high it can go n i guess i went over the limit too much.

im not going to overclock ever again, unless i need to.

Try to claim warranty on it.

Just say it DIED. Don't say any thing about overclocking.

i agree with harper, only if there is still warranty left on your card.

Depending on the tool you used to overclock the memory. It could be as simple as holding Crtl while the system boots to bypass any software overclocking. If that doesn't work you need a new card. Its toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom