Solid State Member
I do not know which one to get ...
These are the processors:
E6400=$275
E6600=$370
Amd x2 5000+=$280
Amd x2 5200+=$350
(prices from "directcanada.com"
I want to have a fast computer and am probably willing to chip in the extra money($180) for the E6600 but i might have to wait longer:(

is it worth the extra money?and the wait?

should i get the better of the intel or amd
or should i save my money and opt for 1 of the cheaper processors?

any information and opinons are most welcome:)

Well, I would have to say that if you aren't sure, go with the E6400, and you can overclock it with a nice aftermarket Heatsink & fan combo.

What will the computer be used for? If you are just going to be doing basic office document things, music, watching movies, email, internet, etc. etc. no serious gaming, get the cheapest one.

I would say the e6600 is worth it. But you can get the e6400 and overclock it, to save you some money.

ok so iam going with the E6600:)
my final worry is to either get the 7900Gs or the 7900GTO
the GTO is $90 more
I plan on getting a 8800 card for vista when they come down to a resonable price. I can live without Vista as iam using it right now (have been since before December) Vista is nice but nothin too special that i cant live with. So until the DX10 cards come down do you guys think it is wise to spend the extra to get the GTO or save my money.
I want to play BF2 and BF2142 at full settings
1080:1024 i believe is the res.
i have a 21inch CRT compaq
(i shall upgrade to a 24inchDell in due time )
thx for all the help

yep the e6600 if it fits your budget or you can get the e6300 and oc it like theres no tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom