Thinking of buying this case.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
same thing except mine are bigger/longer wires.

So yeah thats cool, just read above though as i added another post straight after my other one lol :p

I remember reading something about that case having a flaw where you can't plug in your DVI connection because the back of the case gets in the way. When you guys get your case let me know if this is true, it might only be for certain motherboards though.

I dont think so because someone would have mentioned it in the customer reviews bit( on Ebuyer link above), but theres nothing really negative said about this case.

Can someone answer my post just above Nukem's last reply please?

Saw the case, and wasnt impressed.

Hard to manage cables inside, cheap feel to it, and the included 200mm fan moves hardly any air.

If they had put a bit more thought into it, it may have turned out alot better

Awsome case man...

a friend of mine just built a new gamer and used that case.

as far as the pin config goes...
my antech p180 ithat i bougt 4 months ago, all of the internal fans had the 4-pin molex connectors on them....ended up changing a few of the fans for a smaller pin config later though.

basically you plug the molex connectors into the special m-adaptors that should have come with your PS.

there are 3 preset speeds on each fan hi/mid/and low that you can set the fans to.
but there is no conecting them tothe mobo......as for as i know.

when i decided to get a front panel speed controler i had to change all of the fans for the smaller pin size. so that i could attach the fans to the controller!:(

hope this helped;)

jonny_uk said:
I dont think so because someone would have mentioned it in the customer reviews bit( on Ebuyer link above), but theres nothing really negative said about this case.

Can someone answer my post just above Nukem's last reply please?

Well on the Newegg product review someone had said:

"MAJOR MAJOR design flaw I encountered with this product that pretty much negates all its great features. The very top expansion slot (on the back) leaves NO clearance for plugs. So if your motherboard requires that your video card use the very top expansion slot (as mine did), forget about using this case. You can't plug in your monitor and you can't use your computer. Search the forums and you'll see pictures of what I'm talking about. Sure, you can do a little modifying, but why void your 3 year warranty. If I buy something, I expect to at least be able to use it as-is without having to do anything to it myself."

I don't know how big of a problem this is or if they have fixed it on the next batch.

The top slot is the PCIe slot. I have my vid card in this slot. The vid card in this slot does not use the very first open slot from the back. If that very top open slot were to be used, then I'd have to say it was something with the MOBO setup.

With my vid card in the PCIe, and using the second back slot, I have the DVI connected without any problems. If I had the first open back slot used, I would still be able to connect my DVI.

Lord Leviathan said:
Awsome case man...

a friend of mine just built a new gamer and used that case.

as far as the pin config goes...
my antech p180 ithat i bougt 4 months ago, all of the internal fans had the 4-pin molex connectors on them....ended up changing a few of the fans for a smaller pin config later though.

basically you plug the molex connectors into the special m-adaptors that should have come with your PS.

there are 3 preset speeds on each fan hi/mid/and low that you can set the fans to.
but there is no conecting them tothe mobo......as for as i know.

when i decided to get a front panel speed controler i had to change all of the fans for the smaller pin size. so that i could attach the fans to the controller!:(

hope this helped;)

What the heck is an m-adapter? as i said in a previous post ive got 3 free 4 pin power points on my psu so if the case fans are 4 pin molex then in thoery all id need to do is plug those straight in, no problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom