I need a Hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devon8822

Baseband Member
Can I get some hard drive reccomendations. I need a really good one that is 500 gigs. How are the Maxtor 500 gig ones? it would also be nice to have more than 72 000 rmp. and im gunna buy on ebay. thanks

Don't go for maxtor brands....not a reliable company. Look for Seagate's 500GB HDs.

what about 10 000 rpm? Is it worth it and is it something that would be usefull? any other ones i should check out?

They're worth it if you install the right applications on them (operating system, map-loading games, etc). But they aren't even close to 500GB. The largest one is 150GB, and is about $50 more expensive than the 500GB itself.

ok so than 72 is bassically my only option, thanks that narrows it down. How about some more reccomendatiosn for me to look at. What other companys make good ones like seagate? are the maxtor drives generally considered better or worse than the seagate ones?

Seagate is generally considered the best, with Western Digital a close second. Maxtor had a reputation that was on the bad side, but since their acquisition by Seagate, they seem to have increased in quality. I'd still consider it a gamble to go with them though. Samsung, and Hitachi also make decent HDDs. There's Fujitsu, but I don't know anyone who owns one of their drives. That about covers the major manufacturers.

Ok than, it looks like seagate is probably what im ging to do unless its possible to find nonames ones on ebay thta are just as good for hardly anything. Does anyone have any experience with something liek that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom