The ultimate question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total $9,645.75

Oh my goodness that is so much cash! I don't think that will work with my current budget.

if anything would help .. its chillin in this forum for about a month b4 you build..

Ok so that is going to be my new plan of attack. I meditated for about 2 hours last night and after doing that and reading these new posts I have decided I will hang out with you guys and you will teach me your ways.

I think the best computer on this forum is probably jseber1982's lol

Ok so looking at the picture of his pc made me fee light headed. There is no way I can build something like that. No sir.

dont be such a scaredy cat, bro.

I'm trying not to I promise but people keep telling me that it isn't as easy as others have been saying and then I see those pictures of the inside of that pc and it really makes me feel queasy when I start thinking about putting all that together.

I will try my best though to be more brave.

Thank you CrazeD for that information. I will watch this video in a few minutes and study it.

Last but most certainly not least, thank all of the people on this website for giving out your information. I would be a mess without you. You are all like brothers to me.

Thank you.

I just built this computer in my sig, and I'm a teenager who knew almost nothing about how to build a computer 4 months ago. The hardest part is making sure you take it slow, and put all the wires where they need to go. I would also try and find a local mom and pop computer repair shot, and have someone look everything over for you, and maybe install windows or something. Just so you have someone to double check your work.

Like most other people have said, essentially, it's easy when you know how!

The advice about finding yourself a small friendly computer shop is good. With my first build (about 3 years and 14 builds ago!), I put it all together (easy), booted into the BIOS, and my hard drive wasn't detected. I couldn't work it out (or I didn't look hard enough for the answer!), so I took it to a local place that charges £25 per half hour(!) and I asked them to take a look, but only spend half an hour on it as I didn't have too much cash at the time.
They called me three hours later, having installed XP (i gave them my CD and serial) and configured everything and when I went to pick it up, the guy explained exactly what he'd done and what i'd done wrong (left the hdd jumper on slave!!), and said if I needed any more help, give him a ring.

Simple things catch you out, but use this forum. The guys here are uber-tech-heads, and they're really helpful....

The video guide posted above pretty much covers all the steps necessary to set the hardware. It lacks detail in some parts, but these are usually covered in the motherboard's manual. I think the trickiest part is connecting the front panel cables. Still, following your motherboard's manual is all that is needed.

Should you build? I'd say go ahead and try! Once you've done your first computer, you won't even have trouble doing it a second time. You'll learn a lot in the process, plus the unbeatable feeling of knowing you did it on your own.

As Ste already pointed out, the first step is always selecting a budget. We'll then go over the parts we believe best fit your budget.

Ok, Meithan has convinced me. I will give this a try. But before I decide to do this, I have one more question for all you elders.

Since I don't have a lot of cash handy right at this moment, is it ok to buy the parts piece by piece instead of all at once? Or would it be that by the time I buy the last piece, the first piece is obsolete?

The last thing I want is a top-of-the-line, high-dollar pc that is obsolete.

Thank you my brethren.

Wow dude, stop acting like such a geek. I know it sounds ridiculous saying that on a PC Tech Forum, but still, jeez. Enough with the "elders, bretheren, etc." We're techies here, not Dungeons and Dragons minions.

Meithan said:
I think the trickiest part is connecting the front panel cables. Still, following your motherboard's manual is all that is needed.

I very much agree; the rest of the PC is just like a Lego set, but the wire-connecting is the most confusing part. But, as you said, the motherboard manual is all that's needed.

Poon said:
Since I don't have a lot of cash handy right at this moment, is it ok to buy the parts piece by piece instead of all at once? Or would it be that by the time I buy the last piece, the first piece is obsolete?

oops, forgot to answer your question. You CAN buy the parts seperately, but its not a good idea if it's going to be spread out over many months. My advice would be to pick a budget, get that much money, and then buy the best that the money can buy at that time. Who knows, maybe the parts you wanted at the beginning of collecting time could have dropped in price by the time you're done.

Yeah, price for tecnology goes down pretty **** fast and since you want the best the prices for them will go down aswell.

Wow dude, stop acting like such a geek. I know it sounds ridiculous saying that on a PC Tech Forum, but still, jeez. Enough with the "elders, bretheren, etc." We're techies here, not Dungeons and Dragons minions.

Well I am so sorry to offend you TriEclipse. But this is just who I am and I am only trying to be nice and respectful to everyone. I appreciate your information but I wish you didn't have to be so rude about it. I do not think I deserve rude responses.

So I'll try to save up some cash first so I can buy everything at once instead of piece by piece then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom