Just get my rig built, are these temps normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 680i mobo and a qx6700 and my temps (according to speedfan) for my cpu is 50c (I'm not doing anything stressful on my comp. right now) and my vCore is 1.13v. I bought some arctic silver 5 and was going to put it on my heatsink when I was putting together my rig but it didnt look like it was supposed to go on that little pad on the heatsink so I skipped it. How do I take that pad off to put some arctic silver on it? Oh and would it be wise to get a better hsf like the zalman 9700?

^^eeeee^^
i heard those little pads are a pain in the @$$ to get off once they're cooked on. also zalman says they have some sort of polymer that coats the hsf, and that's why they suggest you take it off and replace with as5 before you ever fire it up.
but anyways, high purity rubbing alcohol and coffee filters. make sure you get it all off the cpu. yep it's always advised to upgrade cooling before you overclock, you got what there...? a thousand dollar cpu? i guess you can probably swing for a better cooler, bro.
p.s. run superpi 32m and let me know what you get please.

spartan1121 said:
Yeah thats the normal vcore. So just save up and get a new fan and some heatsink paste.

Alright, ill get one at CompUSA. i already have enough money right now to buy my soundcard and a new heatsink/fan. So moneys not an issue, ill try to go tomorrow after school. Or im thinking of one of these ones off newegg.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?N=2010110574+1371026035&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=574

nagasama said:
make sure the hsf is seated properly.

thats what ill be checking next time I open my case, which will be when I get my sound card, which will be hopefully soon, in the next day or 2.

And do you think it would have anything to do with my case? this is my case.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...cat01069&type=product&cmp=++&id=1091099784169

I pitched the crappy power supply that came with it, it diden't even work... lol

also I might try taking off this black round tube on the inside of my case that goes over the CPU. It might be blocking air flow. And I might even be about to put on fan on that.

thanks again everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom