Stacker 830/CoolIT cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

EasyLuckyFree

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I built my PC about 2-3 weeks ago and loving it. At the momment my CPU is running at stock speed, 2.66(QX6700). Since my PC has been running stable, I want to crank up the speeds just a bit. At the momment Im using a CM Stacker 830, but Im interested in a CoolIT TEC Eliminator/Freezone cooler. My question is, will it fit the 830 with the four side fans in place? My over-all goal was to keep the four side fans in to cool my videocards and chipset while the TEC manages my CPU. Thanks for the help!

The coolit system, from what Ive heard doesnt have the ability to effectively cool a high end cpu in an overclocked enviroment.

If you note, it uses a very small radiator and fan combination and is designed to run off your computers internal psu. SOmething a high power tec system would never be able to do.

A good tec cooler requires between 200 and 400 W of power. They are notoriously inefficient and straight water cooling with a high end kit would be much more beneficial in an enviroment such as yours.

May i reccomend this kit.

http://www.petrastechshop.com/pecosliel.html

-aspire

that seems good, I was only looking into the previous CoolIT items because I have never installed a water cooling system. I'll definately look into that petra kid.

Im local to them, and i got my loop from them.

Theyre a great couple of guys and really take what they do seriously.

Also to help, they include a set of assembly instructions with each kit.

Hit me up on aim if you want to talk about w/c

the philosofizer

msn:
aspire.comptech@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom