Just get my rig built, are these temps normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

undergrounddlz

Baseband Member
Just got my rig built, are these temps normal?

Hi, I just got my system built last night, im useing it right now. my specs are

Dynex High Performance ATX case
Nvidia Nforce 680i SLI MOBO
Core 2 Duo E6400
PNY Optima 1GB PC2-5300 240pin DDR2 DIMM Memory
Wester Digital SATA 250 GB Hdd
Antec 550 WATT TruePower Trio
Radeon x600 PCI-E (for now)
Super DVD lite-on DVD burner

no sound card yet.

According to the Nvidia Monitor View utility, it says my system temp is 29 C and my CPU is 53 C

I have one 120mm exaust fan, and two 80mm front fans.

is this good or bad? because im worried that maybe I dident put the CPU fan on good enough or something.

Ive just been gaming on Battlefield 2142 for an hour and my cpu temp is 39c so id say that was definatly too hot especially as you have better/more fans than me

it could be that NVidia is reporting back wrong temps, but I can't say how reliable it is....

I would have to assume you are using the stock cooler on it, no?
Also, are you using the stock thermal pad, or did you get some Arctic Silver or other thermal paste?

jonny_uk said:
Ive just been gaming on Battlefield 2142 for an hour and my cpu temp is 39c so id say that was definatly too hot especially as you have better/more fans than me

Im useing the fan that came with the processor, so your CPU fan might be from a different company? But I dont understand it. I have the fan pushed into the holes all the way like it wants. im scared

Ethereal_Dragon said:
it could be that NVidia is reporting back wrong temps, but I can't say how reliable it is....

I would have to assume you are using the stock cooler on it, no?
Also, are you using the stock thermal pad, or did you get some Arctic Silver or other thermal paste?

useing stock thermal pad, and stock fan yes. Is that bad? I dident know you could add thermal paste to intels thermal pad thing.

fade2black2004 said:
you have to peal off the thermal pad then apply the paste

ahh, I see. lol. But my main concern is, do you guys think I will be safe running these temps? I watched the NVIDIA Monitor the whole time I was updating to Service Pack 2, and the temp never went past 55 C.

should I get a different heatsink/fan? Thermal solution? please help me

thanks

That is a little hot, my e6300 runs at 45 when im using it for whatever, and gets to around 50c's at full load, thats at stock settings. Those temps should be fine, as long as they stay pretty much below 60. Get this program called speedfan, thats what i use to monitor my temps. Don't be too worried, but if you start getting temps above 60 then you need to apply new heatsink paste or get a new cooler. How hot is it in your room by the way, that can play into it.

spartan1121 said:
That is a little hot, my e6300 runs at 45 when im using it for whatever, and gets to around 50c's at full load, thats at stock settings. Those temps should be fine, as long as they stay pretty much below 60. Get this program called speedfan, thats what i use to monitor my temps. Don't be too worried, but if you start getting temps above 60 then you need to apply new heatsink paste or get a new cooler. How hot is it in your room by the way, that can play into it.

ok thank you :) . I downloaded that program speedfan, and its saying my CPU temp is currently 54C, with a little flame beside it.... :(
and the crazy thing is, im in my basement and its snowing outside and its freezeing down here! makes no sense why is this happening to me!!!
i will take your advise, and just make sure its not over 60 for now. I will probibly buy a better heatsink/fan from CompUSA next time I go.

Yeah, just get a new one whenever you can, cause that is a little hot, but it's within the safe limits. Make sure you get the right socket type, and get arctic 5 heat sink paste. You should be running a lot cooler with a decent fan and good paste. Oh, and what does speedfan say your vcore is? that may be causing you temp problems.

spartan1121 said:
Yeah, just get a new one whenever you can, cause that is a little hot, but it's within the safe limits. Make sure you get the right socket type, and get arctic 5 heat sink paste. You should be running a lot cooler with a decent fan and good paste. Oh, and what does speedfan say your vcore is? that may be causing you temp problems.

Speedfan says my Vcore is 1.30V. Im guessing thats the voltage being supplied?? good or bad?
Ill be sure to get Arctic 5, got go to work now, be back later!

thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom