Too much memory......

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevyx92

Solid State Member
Is there such a thing as to having too much memory for your computer? I have a 3.4 GH intel processor with 1 GB of RAM and I was thinking of doubling the ram. Do you see why I shouldn't or any forseen probs? Somebody once said you can have too much memory that its not ggod for you computer. Is that true???

There is a point at which Windows will not be able to address (not 100% positive) more than 2 Gigs of memory in XP I think..... I am not positive about that though.

Out of curiousity, why is it you are wanting to double the memory in the system? what are the other system specs?

2x1gb is the best right now for Windows XP. I think XP can handle up to 3gb of ram, but not effectively.

I was thinking of doubling the ram because sometimes more than not when I have multiple pages and programs running, when I toggle between pages they load slow or show parts of the previous page in the new one (if that makes sense). I also have a 120 GB harddrive, Hyper threading technology, 800 MHZ FSB.

Yea, doubling your memory to 2x1gb is good. You will notice faster loads of programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom