best amd athlon 64 3500+ oc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, no water cooling, just a Scythe Samurai Z.

I am hitting 53 degrees C under load, so I need to wait until I get a better fan before I overclock it any more.

I just got mine to 2.62Ghz. i can't go any higher or the computer freezes or the blue screen of death comes up. Thats pretty good for an amd athlon 64 3500+ though. I think.

AmdFanboy said:
I just got mine to 2.62Ghz. i can't go any higher or the computer freezes or the blue screen of death comes up. Thats pretty good for an amd athlon 64 3500+ though. I think.

Should be able to get more out of it,That's only 400mhz more than what stock is :confused:

I had mine at 2.7 at one point in my Shuttle... thats probably why the thermal paste stopped working, and it wouldn't post at higher than 1.8Ghz... now I have the AS5 on it, but I am still at stock clocks for now..... for now....

i have it at 2.57 just cause it kept freezing up again. The temp was only at 32ºC while playing games. Why can't I overclock it more? is it my ram thats holding me back? When i overclock my ram and cpu no display comes up.

AmdFanboy said:
i have it at 2.57 just cause it kept freezing up again. The temp was only at 32ºC while playing games. Why can't I overclock it more? is it my ram thats holding me back? When i overclock my ram and cpu no display comes up.

List all your other spec's and we could probable tell you more :)

need to know stock ram speed.
it's probably whats holding you back, but it could be numerous other things.
32*c while gaming that s a very low temp what voltage do you have set for cpu?

well probably a couple of things then.
your voltage to the cpu is too low, hence the reason it freezes at a speed it should run easily.
you probably have your ddr speed set to auto in the bios, and that is why your ram is showing up as pc-2700.
turn all the auto crap off and make your adjustments manually.
pc 3200 will indeed limit your overclock. i'l have to do the math to give you a ballpark of what to expect, but i'll have to do it later.
i still think that 32*c is an extrememly low load temp, mine idles a little lower than that and i have a zalman 9500. how are you checking the temperature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom