Acer 4500 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi.Im.New

In Runtime
Hello ladies / gents,

So my acer 4502 lmi hd ended up being corrupted. In such i ordered a new hd 100g , the original was 80 and put that in. Now i then had to order from Acer the recovery AND system cds. I then followed the directions put in the system cd then the 2 recovery cds in which it told me to put in the system cd again. I put that in it tells me that the hd is fully recoverd and i can take out the cd and just boot again. Upon which the the computer boots , but it says no operating system found and just stays at that screen. The only thing possible i could guess is becuse i installed a bigger hard drive , but to me that makes no sense how big it is because im just reinstalling the files to put my laptop back to the base state.

help is much needed
thnx,
j

It wont work. Since you switched the hard drive you dont have anything on there. The recovery disc wont work since there is nothing to recover.

You have to get a XP CD and install XP fresh again. You cant recover something that isnt there.

yea but the disks are supposed to restore the hard drive to the base state, it has all the original drivers and the xp pro operating system on the recovery cds anyway, that should be fine enough. Also the utilty disk i used before it tells me to put in the recovery cds wipes the entire hard drive anyway, so theres not anything to recover no matter if it was the original hard drive or not.

J

The recovery disc is just for that. It doesnt have the full XP on it. It is just meant to recover it. Hence the name. It would recover a hard drive to its original state if it had something to recover.

The key word is recover. I know what the discs are meant to do and i know what they do. They are meant to restore a system. But they are not meant to be used as install CD's.

OO ok , so i just install XP on it and then i use the disks correct?

i just want to get all the laptops drivers back on there , acer has very poor support online... so would installing xp then using the recovery console do this or ? if not how would i be able to do this?

Install XP with a disc. The System CD's that you said you got as well should have all the drivers you need. So you should be able to get all the drivers installed with that disc. After that the Recovery disc wont be necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom