Tense about the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
save your money and build it yourself, lol you can use the money you save to pay for college tuition or something like that

Yeah, I'm going to a good college which is fairly cheap :). I was just going to pull out a loan for my college and get some extra money to purchase my pc. However, would I be saving a lot if I just bought all my products of Newegg?

Click "add to wish list" on all the components you want, then go to your wish list and see what it comes out to. Keep in mind that you will have to pay for shipping which won't show up until you add it all to your cart.

Building it yourself though should save you a 100 to 200 dollars rather then buying it prebuilt. Some smaller companies build computers with good components and don't lock the bios, but companies like dell and hp lock the bios so you can't overclock any to get more out of your cpu and ram. Also they use off brand models that arn't as great and make it alot harder to upgrade.

So building one yourself will allow you to overclock it and make it easier to upgrade later. Also, you will be a little bit more knowledgeable about computers which will help you in the future and maybe impress some girls ;).

This is true, I don't know though. I mean, I could connect everything together, it's just getting the correct motherboard, fans and heatsinks together that I'm not used to. Ibuypower seems to get good reviews, and I don't think they lock bios. There PC's are usually tended towards gamers. I chose them because they seemed cheap to me. I looked at Alienware, and when upgrading different parts such as RAM, it's very expensive. I thought Alienware was cool, but not anymore, especially since they are owned by Dell. However, they do have some pretty cool cases. All in all, it's either Ibuypower or HP. Ibuypower for my slimline case and gaming/ school working needs, or an HP notebook for school work and wireless networking.

Brandinho said:
Sorry for the double post, but I need some help with the Motherboard. Can anyone recommend me a good motherboard?

http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/store/configurator.aspx?mid=119

The page will bring you to the basic system with all default parts. The motherboard is in the middle of the page.

Thanks for all the help!

If you are going to buy from a reseller ( I'm thinking about it too to be honest ) I suggest you go with cyberpowerpc instead. They have incredably similar pricing, items, warrantys, and policies. The only differance really is cyberpowerpc gets better customer ratings-

Ratings can be found at:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/iBUYPOWER

and

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/CyberPower

Now I'm questioning which video card to get. I've been doing soe research, and was looking at Tom's Hardware VGA Charts. I was thinking of getting the NVIDIA Gforce 7950GX2 1 Gig, but it seems that the ATI X1950XTX out performs it quite a bit. It is also GDDR4, if that makes a difference. Also, it seems the ATI card is faster than the NVIDIA 8800 GTS with some games, including Half-Life Episode 1 and Titan Quest. With Oblivion, the 8800 beats out the 1950 by a couple of FPS. Can anyone confirm this. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I have both cards highlighted here:

http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html?modelx=33&model1=586&model2=608&chart=197

I'm considering ditching the two NVIDIAs for the ATI. Does anybody have this card? How well does it perform?

I'd g for the single GTS myself... a couple of frames here and there is not even going to be noticed by you, and you will also have the room when DX10 comes online and all the games come out.

I have the GTS coupled with the E6300 as well and it rocks... Oblivion on high setting, Fear, Prey, Q4, BF2 all at max with no issues...

i strongly urge you to avoid ECS motherboards. i am using one right now and its a piece of $h1t. and this is not my first bad experience with them also. my computer will sometimes randomly restart. i understand that ECS is cheap and it looks like its pretty good bang for the buck but in the long run its not, you are just gonna end up getting a gigabyte or an asus motherboard or something.

in short: dont get the ECS motherboard. if it fits in your budget you can get a gigabyte ds3 motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom