Thinking of buying this case.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...hvd19wcm9kdWN0X3Jldmlld3M=&product_uid=118268

Now i know its good etc but what i need to know is will i be able to get all the fans working because this has like 3-4 as standard and my system at the moment only has one case fan and i cant see any other pins on the motherboard to plug a fan into?

My mobo is a MSI RS480M2 if you want to google it and get its specs, just dont want to buy this case to find out i cant get all the fans working :confused:

the case fans have 4 pin molex connections as well... just use the PSU connects to plug them up and you'll be good. good choice of cases BTW.

ive got an OCZ modstream PSU, so its modular, does that make a difference or you think i can still connect the fans directly to the psu?

Where would they plug into on the psu anyway? all it has is little slots with 4 pins inside them from what i can see, are those the molex connections your talking about?

Adzh said:
My antec900 comes tomorrow, i'll let you know how i get on with it.

yeah that would be good, thanks mate

After the above has been answered i also want to know about where the psu locates because with my OCZ psu theres a big 120m fan underneath it so i cant put it at the bottom of the case(like some cases are) it will have to be at the top, unless i could mount it upside down so that the fan is facing upwards?

sorry for all the questions i just want to be 100% sure that i wont have any issues upon buying this case, it would be just my luck!

I have the same PSU (mod stream 450W) and I have all my fans hooked up to it... I just have some splitters and one of the 3 socket, 4pin molex connectors hooking them all up. no worries... it's work

ok thanks.

What about the psu position in the antec case though? ive looked at the pics on Ebuyer and by the looks of it the psu IS at the bottom, so could i mount it upside down like i said? i cant really see any reason why i couldnt? i mean the sockets will still be accessible...........

yes, you will have to mount it with the fan facing up... NO WORRIES :) it'll work... just look at how many 4 pin connections you have to plug in before all the fans. if you need to buy a few splitters and connect off of them if you don't have enough.

Just had a look, the psu has 4 connection points, im using one of them so that leaves 3 spare.
Looks like im ok then, just to clear something up, when you said " splitters" i take it your talking about these guys.........
000_0573.jpg

I had these(along with some others) with my psu but didnt need them. I take you meant if i dont have enough power points on the psu i could connect 2 fans to one point on the psu?

Im still abit :confused: though because i dont know of any case fans that come with big old 4 pin connectors? normally there tiny little wires with tiny plugs that slot into the motherboard? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom