Xp installing help.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeO3k

Solid State Member
Recently i formatted my pc after having a few problems leading to my pc not being able to load up the OS.
I formatted it and tried to in-stall Xp on the newly cleaned Hdd (all from scratch). When i attempted to install, various "Missing files" error appear's (they claim there missing but there on the disc."). Then when i have to restart i have the choice of either Windows Or Windows Xp Set-up. When i click the set-up, without resuming, it re-starts the set-up, coming up with the same errors again (sometimes different file names.)
I tried to install (Upgrade) from 98, but still same happens.

Ive tried new CD-Rom drive, Only mouse and keyboard peripherals in and still no luck.
Also i installed Xp to a lump of junk i found in my shed and it ran perfectly so its not the disc.!

P.s, I know there was another topic like this i searched for it but it didnt help me. BTW im 15, and new to this stuff so if theres anything technical, you'll have to help me go through it. :angry:

Maybe Ur Hard Disk has developed some bad sectors.
Connect Ur Hard Disk to another PC and check for bad sectors.
If Ur HDD is still under warranty and has developed bad sectors, make a visit to the service centre and get it replaced.
If it is not under warranty, and has developed bad sectors try to clean the bad sectors.:)

I used the Repair tool on the boot-up thing. Chkdisk /r . it didnt find anything errornous like?. I dont have another pc atm. So cant use another pc to check for errors on my hdd .:S. ThnX for the help anyhow.

I've seen something similar to this, I had an XP machine that crashed(well i crashed it) and it would not take a new version of XP nor would it let me repair the one on there. I actually had to go into the recovery console(hope you have you admin password) and formatted it through there. After that i was able to lay a fresh copy of XP down. Also if you dont have you admin password try to just "enter" though it, Ive seen it work but not often, otherwise get you self a copy of FDISK and start formating. Hope this helps.

After a bit of fiddling, and using a memory check program i found out it was my memory. After getting my new memory it worked perfectly. Worked out well like as my new memory's better :D. (Bribed parents :D).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom