Want non whiny video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I have decided on a 7900 or 7950GT. I would like to know if anyone has any knowledge of one that is quiet or quieter than the others. I don't like the whine of a card with a fan. Anyone here have the place to find one?

My Leadtek 7900GT was quiet, my friends EVGA 7900GT was whiny. We both have VF900 coolers for them now, which are very quiet and great for overclocking :)

If you don't like the noise, then just get a Zalman VF900 to put on the video card, just like kingaustin's.

Ive got a Leadtek 7950GT 512MB, and that is very quiet, i cant hear it over my case fan/psu fan/cpu fan (which are also quiet) the card being quiet was also on my list when i bought this card and i love it, 10/10 for being quiet

^^ Are your GPU fans s set to 100%?? Cause my x1950XT is a chruch mouse till I up the fan speed with ATI Tool.... even at 100% it isn't really bad.

haha i have an evga 7900gs and sometimes i get confused and think i moved by the airport or something.
it sounds like a jetliner when it gets wound up.
but i still love it.
i could barely hear it anyway, when i had five fans running in my case, lol.

You could try one of the "passively-cooled" video cards. If you have $$ to burn water-cooling hookups are also an option...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom