Power supply sugestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a little more serious now:
I would get this one if ordering from newegg.
PC P & C 750 Watt Silencer

Now If your willing to buy off a manufactures site. Id go with this one.
Etasis 850 Watt
(Or another Site that carries them cause Newegg does not Carry Zippy or Etasis)

The Link for the Etasis goes to their main site, but its under Gamming Power supplies. :confused:

Not busting a vein, just getting a little ****ed. I don't exactly appreciate the extra time I have to waste.

PCP&C 750W? Are you kidding me?

This is the max you need, even considering upgrades. It holds Dual 8000GTXs, 'nuf said. You can't upgrade past that right now. And I doubt he has the money for Dual R600s.

Here's something I posted in the PSU thread regarding upgrades;

TriEclipse said:
Remember that people aren't about to pay $150/month in electric bills for their computers anytime in the next decade. The goal of hardware builders isn't just to make faster products and to not care about how much power they consume - Hardware companies also try to minimize the amount of power that they consume.

As an example, future Dual Core Intel processors based on the 45nm manufacturing process are expected to consume 57W, and AMD's K8L Dual Cores are supposed to range anywhere from 35 to 89W, depending on the clockspeed. This is down from the minimum 65W that Core 2s consume right now, and the 80-something Watts that Athlon 64 X2s consume. So its not like power consumption is going to keep increasing forever and never be stopped.

Just an example of power consumption actually reducing over time. So it might very well be the case that even 650W will never even come close to being fully used, and you could've done with a much smaller PSU. A 500W PSU still leaves quite a bit of room for any future upgrades; Also note that any "upgrades" to the amount of power an 8800GTX consumes would have to come in the form of ridiculously impractical hardware (such as 4x4).

TriEclipse said:
Not busting a vein, just getting a little ****ed. I don't exactly appreciate the extra time I have to waste.

Its your time. You should be happy that he wants to spend good Money on a good PSU.

If he wants to buy a large wattage PSU for a large amount of money then let him. So long as its a good brand. ;)

We all know your right. But some people still want the security or have alot of money to burn.

If someone has a tight budget then I can understand where your comming from. But for people who don't and want the best....... Let it go. Save your sanity. :confused: Or not. Your choice.

The PCP&P will save on the electric bill.

Forget about overclocking w/ the antec. It won't have enough power.

Ste said:
...But some people still want the security or have alot of money to burn.

If someone has a tight budget then I can understand where your comming from. But for people who don't and want the best....... Let it go. Save your sanity. :confused: Or not. Your choice.

If people intend to waste their money (AKA: be stupid) and not listen to reason, then please have them warn me at the beginning, so I don't bother. I expect people to have above average intelligence, which is why I try to convince them so hard.

Oh, and I said this to a guy that was adamant on buying an Alienware; Being rich is no excuse to act stupid. :rolleyes: Same situation, if people have the money, then why not buy that QUAD SLI 7950GX2 ZOMG!11!1 system for $4000 instead of building? Or better yet, go for an AMD 4x4 system? Performance doesn't matter, right? Money, money, money, spend more of it! Waste more of it!

turtile said:
The PCP&P will save on the electric bill.

Through what, efficiency? PCP&C advertises "up to 83%" while the Antec Trio says "85%." With maxes like that, the Antec would still be better as you scale downwards.

Yep, But Im happy so long as they waste money on a good brand. Thats as far as Ill go. So long as they don't buy A **** *** Brand Im happy.

That and as long as they meet or exceed the power requirment.

The Antec would be close to peak and it runs hot due to the "silent fan"

I own both Antec and PCP&P PSUs and the quality of PCP&P has been better.

turtile said:
The Antec would be close to peak and it runs hot due to the "silent fan."

Have you read the PSU sticky? 273W on a Quad-Core/8800GTX system, at LOAD. I doubt that whatever he has/will be getting will stress that. The 400W Fortron could handle that system, so the 550W Antec TruePowerTrio should have no problem with this one plus upgrades. 54Amps is also enough to handle TWO 8800GTXs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom