18395 in 3dmark06 + pics of my rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
right now my ram is runnin at 1067,, at 1:1 ratio.

How in the world does the fsb or mem timing have anything to do with how good my clock will work?

If i cant make it to 4.5 with just the multiplier,, how in the world is a higher fsb and lower multiplier gunna make it work? doesnt make sense to me. I cant even run stableat 4ghz at 1.75 volts lol. My phase can barely handle it with the heat.

lancec2c30 said:
you should give your computer to Nosboost for about a week. He would be able to get that x6800 to 4.8 or something. lol

hahahaha, that sounds like a great plan to me!! i'd love to see what i could do with a phase changed x6800.. almost hit me 4.0 ghz with this damned e6600.. maybe you got a bad stepping :(

if i could get my computer to boot with over 1.58v i know i'd hit 4.0ghz and higher clock speeds

You can't get your comp to boot at that voltage?? That sucks man. I think mine would let me boot until it caught fire. I'm at 1.65 now.

Edit: Which translates to 1.6 in my bios reading.

i have been talking to the guys at extreme overclocking... store bought phase changers can not handle quad core.. barely better than water cooling at this point. They can get plenty of cold, but once you crank up the heat, they dont have the capacity to stay cool. Thats why my pc would die after 15 mins. I put in an order with a guy to get a custom built that can handle it.

just an fyi,, i got it to boot into windows at 4.6, but it heated up and died. So i am pretty positive that i will be able to keep it running at least around 4.4 once i get the new cooler.... which will take about 3 weeks to get built.

He already has a quad core, yet he is going to have a 900+ dollar phase change rig built to oc it through the roof. lol This just isnt right.

You should be donating this money to the "lancec2c30 c2d charity". lol :D

Good luck with getting up into the #5 spot in 3dmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom