OCing my RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

snypercore

Daemon Poster
ok never OC'ed RAM before but cant be to different from doing CPU's
so i have 2 really shitty 256MB DDR RAM sticks, one is runnign at 166Mhz and other 133Mhz, how do i OC them what option in my bios (phenoix BIOS) how cna i monitor them temp wise as eveerst doenst work to good with this pc and any tips or things i should know? thanks in advance

Well first off, you can't run memory at different speeds. And seeings that those two sticks of RAM run at different speeds, you won't have much luck here. You might be able to OC one stick to match the other, but not if it's "shitty".

The option on my Phoenix BIOS is in 'Advanced Chipset Features', and then 'DRAM Configuration'. Put the speed on 'Manual' and then you can tweak all the timings and clocks.

EDIT: Unfortunately RAM does not have a temperature sensor, so you can't check the temps.

ok thanks for the reply,

is it not then possible to oc them both to a higher speed? i should have sufficnet cooling my cpu runs at 30 degrees celcius under medium useage and i have 3 case fans.

could you reccomend or tell mee which of the settings i have to change as all i know abou it the speed in MHz the clockspeed, timings etc.. i know nnuffin about

ok the most i could change to was 233? but my mobo is an ENFORCE3 it supports DDR400 and yeah i got no poast at 233

You can try loosening the timings, but I seriously wouldn't hope for much. Save up and buy better RAM.

thanks i was anyway new build and untill i can afford 1GB of DDR400 this RAM has to do, hanks anyway mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom