Graphics Problem with Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

asofudnosadfbos

Beta member
Hi all, any help you all can lend would be much appriciated. I have been having a problem with random lines in games such as Counter-Strike, Sims, etc. By lines, I mean there are just random distracting lines in the game. This has been going on for several months, ever since we got a new graphics card (nVidia 6600GT). To counter this, I have downloaded the newest graphics drivers, new directx, and have cleaned out the dust and readjusted everything in the comp. I have also run virus scans if that may have had anything to do with it. I'm running out of ideas, and google hasn't been too helpful. I dont know what other information you might need, but throwing out some ideas would be really helpful. Thank you to all who respond.

revert back to older nvidia drivers. Ive heard of a lot of people with the 6600 and newer cards having to go back to older drivers to fix problems like your describing.

i had a 6600 then oced the mem on it to 1.25ghz then it blew up...not really but i got some nasty lines after that...haha...if u know where to grab the nice ATI tool, it scans for artifacts...if u get an error every so often theres mem on the card thats dead, not much info there but try to find that tool and scan for artifacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom