Blue screens at random times, followed by a reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thoto

Solid State Member
At random times the computer will very briefly flash a blue screen (like, 3 seconds maximum), and then it will reboot. Because of this, I cant catch the error message. There is nothing in particular that I do that causes the blue screen, since it happens during a game, or while browinsg the internet, or even just sitting idle with nothing running at night.. I thought it might have been one of my ram sticks, but i pulled one, and while it seems to be happening ALOT less, it still happens. I am positive all of my drivers are installed correctly, and they are up to date. Im sure of this becuase I have reformated and reintsalled windows three times (only twice really, since the same blue screen and reboot happened during one of the windows installations)

My system specs are

Microsoft Windows XP
Media Center Edition
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
Optiarc DVD-RW
SONY DVD ROM
Floppy disk drive (what? as far as i can tell i dont have one, yet its listed right here...)
Standard floppy disk controller (again, wtf?)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+
Realtek AC'97 Audio
2.41 GHz
1 gig of ram (only 512 at the moment because i havent put the other stick back in)

My computer is virus/spyware free, and I just defraged so that's not it either.

I should also mention that when the computer came in the mail, one of the DVD drives was unplugged. Should i remove that and see if it still happens?

I also dont think it is overheating, since I had it sit at the bios configuration screen monitoring tempurature levels and both the cpu and system never rose above 30 degrees over the course of an hour.

I cant think of anything else right now, please help me as this is really beginning to **** me off. Thanks in advance.

hey, yea i had that problem shortly after i set up raid 0 on my machine...to see the error right click on my computer and goto properties, goto advanced tab i believe and then down at the bottom on error report or error reporting...in there is an option to not have the system reboot on system errors, take that off and you should be able to see the error.....now im not sure what fixed mine...i reinstalled the latest mobo driver...but my mobo actually died a day later so im not sure if it was my mobo crying out or if it was a driver issue? i'd look into both..im not sure how to test for a mobo dying besides when it actually does...but its quiet possibly that..

It wasnt in error reporting, but it was under startup and recovery. We'll see if that works. Thanks.

ha well then i dunno...try to see what the error msg reads and try to post it here....besides that all i can think of is an error on the HD or dying motherboard

i am currently having the exact same problem and i would greatly like to know how to fix it. dont mean to be rude or anything but all mine says is this: "stop:0x0000008E (0xc0000005 0xAAF6D582 0XA2929AEC 0x00000000)"
NVTCP. SYS ADDRESS AAF6D586
BASE AT AAFSC000
DATESTAMP 4253B85B

system specs: mobo- ABIT KN9,
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+,
memory - G.SKILL Extreme Series 1GB 240-Pin DDR2,
HD - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB,
Video - ATI Radon X850 256mb 256 bit
PSU - THERMALTAKE TR2 500W Power Supply

thanks and sorry again for posting my problem here but this way people wont have to answer it more than once.

ok well i believe i found out what the problem is. the Nvidia firewall is probably the problem. after reading about it, it seems that is a major problem a lot of people are having. so what i did is i went into 'add/remove programs' and clicked on 'Nvidia Forceware Network Access Manager' and clicked uninstall then when the wizard opens up click to "modify" not "complete uninstall" or whatever it says then just unselect firewall so it doesnt install in the update. i just did it so if it works i will know within the next couple of days so ill keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom