Power supply sugestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

slavich

Baseband Member
my 580W deamon PSU just died.

can anyone make some suggestions on what would be a reliable PSU around 600W that i can buy?

The 600w version is the lowest version for the gameXstream. If there was a 500w version, I would have gotten it instead. I already read your sticky and its a good fact to know, but i still like my gameXstream for its reliability and good make.

The froton is a good psu too, and if a 580w off brand psu powered your system then the froton should be enough.

darkop16 said:
I still like my gameXstream for its reliability and good make.

Are you implying that the Forton is any less reliable? Or that it's make is not as good? There isn't much difference between the reliability and make of the OCZ and Forton PSUs, and if there is then the Forton would be better. More watts doesn't make the quality better. And if the power supplied is the same, then the only difference that remains is $110 for the OCZ and $42 for the Forton.

Believe me, there is no advantage to a higher-wattage-than-needed PSU.

TriEclipse said:

Believe me, there is no advantage to a higher-wattage-than-needed PSU.

Remember the only exception to that rule is if you plan on adding more components and want to keep the same power supply for a long time.

And if you want to go All out.
1000Watt PC POwer and Cooling.
(I know Tris Busting a vien right now):D

I just read the topic you posted and you didn't seam to address the fact that power supplies are rated at max power not RMS power. A 600w power supply might only have RMS power of 400w.

Jumping_Bean514 said:
I just read the topic you posted and you didn't seam to address the fact that power supplies are rated at max power not RMS power. A 600w power supply might only have RMS power of 400w.

Which is why I don't look at the Watts, but rather the Amps. If they took away the max power rating altogether, and advertised only the Amps, I would be a happy camper.

Yeah im planning to do some heavy upgrades. so i want a psu that will last a long time.

after i bought the deamon 2 years ago, i started hearing that these are known to blow up, and it finally happened.

slavich said:
Yeah im planning to do some heavy upgrades. so i want a psu that will last a long time.

after i bought the deamon 2 years ago, i started hearing that these are known to blow up, and it finally happened.
Well In that Case I suggest the 750 Watt Silverstone Strider. :)
Or the 750 Watt PC Power and Cooling Silencer.

Or a 800 watt Gamming Zippy

Or, **** go all out and get a 1000 Watt PC Power and cooling.

Tri must be busting a vein at all the high wattage reccomendations right now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom