New semi build, help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

plant

In Runtime
Hey all, i bought a conroe e6600 today, and it isnt compatable with my MOBO! I am using an asus p5wd2 premium board, and it has an older version of the intel chipset apparently (975x). Real shitty situation if i do say so myself. OK so tomorrow, im gonna go and get a new MOBO, and maybe some new RAM to accompany it? Im currently running;

geforce 7900GT
Raid 0
Conroe E6600
OCZ value 667 5-5-5-12 RAM

Will it be worth upgrading my RAM at the same time, is the that much of a bottleneck? Baring in mind i will be overclocking the crap outa the conroe. With a budget of 300, what motherboard and RAM would you get from the following site;

http://aria.co.uk

cheers!

oh, and that budget is reasonably loose. If theres something much better that runs over slightly, please mention it!

fade2black2004 said:
get an msi 975x and on that site get the corsair dominator 2gb set

it totals to around 300 on that site

You're telling him to spend $600USD on a Mobo+Ram upgrade?

trieclipse, is that over the mark for decent performance? Bare in mind ive got an e6600 and a 7900 gt, and raid setup already. So im looking for a choppy system thats nice n fast for video encoding. Spending too much on ram and mobo you think?

Rofl, nevermind. I forgot how bad you Brits get ripped on computer hardware. Jeez, those prices are ridiculous.

Still, shave a bit off that and get these;

Gigabyte DS3, and OCZ 2GB DR2-800.

Including VAT, it comes to £282. Which is $558USD. Its around 350-400 USD here in the US.

it added up to be around 300 when i did it
when i said 2gb set i meant 2x1gb not a 2gb stick

but idk what currency that is so maybe he was talking 300 us?

Note the .uk at the end of the URL? And the "£" sign before every price? Hint: £ = British Pounds. And £1 = 1.97USD. But yeah, I retract my previous statement since everything's much more expensive over there.

I like Overclockers.co.uk more, but its not much different there; P5B-E Plus (£110.44 inc VAT), and GeIL 2 x 1GB DDR2-800 (£152.74 inc VAT). £263.18. $518USD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom