I broke my computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iUser

Baseband Member
So I had about 20 pounds of dust in my computer's fan vents and hardware, so I finally decided to tear it apart and clean it... but when I rebooted after plugging everything back in I recieved an error (MXE-X61 Media Boot or something similar to that). It then said that booting was aborted and it just stayed at that screen.

There is one thing that I am pretty sure caused it, but I did unplug a few things to reach fan vents. I unplugged my video card, ethernet card, and my harddrive. Would any of this cause this? If so, how would I correct it?

The thing I believe that caused this is these 3 little tiny two-prong connection wires. Two are black and one is green/black. They look as they they slide on to two prongs on the motherboard each.

Sorry if not all the information is there, but I was just wondering what I did to my computer to mess it up haha... If you need to know something, just ask.

There is 2 possible things to plug in to it, a grey and black one on the, uh, big wire. Sorry, I am illiterate when it comes to the names and types of wiring inside the PC. I tried both and both gave me an error.

Is the power plugged into it?

That big cable is called an IDE cable, just so you know.

Also, simply unplugging the hard drive and plugging it back in wouldn't do any harm, would it?

erm unplugging and plugging back in while the comp is on would be a big NO ,,, but if its off then you shouldnt harm anything

the plugs you described are usually the motherboard to case plugs. one is for the power switch, others are for usb, firewire, mic etc.

try to find your motherboard manual for help on these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom