CPU 100% Usage??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApolloIV

In Runtime
Welll i reformated my families computer because it was full of junk and what not, well ever since i've reformated it the CPU has been running on 100% Usage! Its not idle usage either. It will slow down suddenly for about 2 seconds then rise back up, the lowest it has gone is 92% before it shoots back up. I've reformated PC's before and this is the first time i've seen this. Anyone know what would cause this?

make sure that all your drivers are updated, and that you have the latest service packs.

also you can do a /sfc scannow at the run prompt to check for damaged system files

with the processes in task mgr open, click where it says CPU and see what process is causing it.

Its just a stock Dell Dimension 4600. When i bring up the taskmanager non of the processes taking up the cpu eccept acouple that use 02-05. The thing is when i go to preformance it shows the CPU at 100%. I'm downloading service pack 2 right now so that might be the problem but i'll keep you guys informed.

Just got done installing SP2 and now its running fine, I didnt know that it would run like that whitout it. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom