So...I can't boot off my Raptor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
My OS is installed on my single Raptor, yet I can't boot off it unless my 80GB IDE drive is plugged in. W-T-F?

Though, the Raptor is drive 'D', whereas the 80GB IDE is drive 'C' and drive 'E', would that matter? How can I change the Raptor to 'C'?

When I try to boot with just the Raptor it says something along the lines of "SYSTEM DISK ERROR! PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISK!".

I'd imagine it is because of the fact that it is not 'C', so how can I fix that?

Thanks.

Is the Raptor a SATA and The 80Gig an IDE. I have the same thing going on. I set up a raid config and it wouldn't let me set the raid up to boot so i put in a small IDE hard drive to start the setup.
Then when the setup ran i pointed it to the raid drives to install thinking it would fix my problem. When all was done it has a part of the boot sector on the small hard drive and a part of the boot sector on the raid drives. I haven't been able to fix it yet I tried partition magic nut no luck yet. I'll let you know if i get it fixed.

You can right click on my computer and select Manage Then on the left pain select Disk Management there you can change drive letters and paths But i haven't used it I just know its there.

thats not your problem. its not the drive letter, its your BOOT.INI file. im not real good with this, every time i do that, i just reinstall, but I guess you can use the western digital lifegard tools to copy the boot.ini file from the 80gb to the raptor, or....?

ideas any body? i told ya i wasnt good with this, i just got a basic idea. (all my pc's have had more than 2 hdd's, some times 3 or even 4)

in my bios i have the option to change the HDD Boot order, so even if my hard drive is drive E and a slave SATA3 or whatever it will look at that hard drive first for boot. its normally by where you set the boot order.

King X13 said:
in my bios i have the option to change the HDD Boot order, so even if my hard drive is drive E and a slave SATA3 or whatever it will look at that hard drive first for boot. its normally by where you set the boot order.

If I set the Raptor to boot first, I get "SYSTEM DISK NOT FOUND yadda yadda".

The weird thing is, I unplugged my 80GB IDE when I setup the Raptor. It was drive 'C', and I could boot off it. Then I plugged the 80GB IDE back in, and it kicked the Raptor to 'D' and now I can't boot without the 80GB IDE again....WTF?!

In disk management, my Raptor is "Boot" but the 80GB IDE is "System". Is there any tools that can change the drive letters? I'd like to at least try it. I don't even care about the 'C' partition on my 80GB IDE, it's empty anyway. I really don't want to reformat again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom