best free firewall for windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
hi guys what in your opinion is the best free firewall for windows because on my second pc im running windows 2000 sp4 and it doesnt come with an intergrated firewall

Zone Alarm and the Pro version is great as well. It is also very easy to acquire. ;)

I don't know, ashampoo firewall seemed to slow my computer down less. you might also want to get a router with a good firewall. that's probably the best way to be protected.

I was doing research on free firewalls and it appears that zonealarms (free version) lets alot of stuff go through on leak tests but the pro (paid version) does not and is a great choice.

I use comodo which is free and did great on leak test reviews etc...

I prefer SyGate. It has been discontinued (free version), but it still works. Gotta find a download, though (SyGate Personal).

coz i need a firewall for 2nd computer running on windows 2000 i do have a router and that has built in firewall but i want a software one aswell

TheMajor said:
I prefer SyGate. It has been discontinued (free version), but it still works. Gotta find a download, though (SyGate Personal).

Me too!
Actually, Sygate should be better than zoneAlarm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom