a gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a rather expensive harddrive... He won't really need 10,000rpm if he's on a budget. Get him a drive like Seagate, Western Digital, Samsung or Hitachi.

The case has got to be a dire choice, but of course if your friend likes it... :p

Video card is good enough if he wants to play games frequently for a good buget.

okay well basically...he wants a badass case.....but i don't want it to overheat. got any good suggestions?? what are u thinking for video card?? i thought about going with a 7200 but iwasnt sure if it would be up-for-the-task for all the new games coming out.

valdorean said:
okay well basically...he wants a badass case.....but i don't want it to overheat. got any good suggestions?? what are u thinking for video card?? i thought about going with a 7200 but iwasnt sure if it would be up-for-the-task for all the new games coming out.
Only difference is faster load times, the games will still run the same

dump that hd, as said above.
i have this case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811147038

not all flashy like the orange one, but...uh oh well?
it has great ventilation, and is solid black. you cant beat it for the money, and i wager its just as good as the one you have listed.
go with a c2d e6300, a decent mobo and some decent/cheap ram.
dont spend too much on peripherals, 800 dollars aint gonna go too far.
concentrate on:
cpu
mobo
gpu
ram
psu
case
HD
probably in that order, as well.
good luck!

Keep in mind that hard-drive is SCSI, so if you get it you'll also need an SCSI host-controller and cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom